Friday, June 11, 2010

Summer Fun Updates











So the summer has been off to a great start. Earlier this week, the kids and I went to Landa and walked the hike and bike trail and played at the park. It was very hot and we wished the pool part was open, but they were not, so we went home and walked the neighborhood and then watched the movies we got at the library. We have decided to go to the library on Mondays since they are in the Summer Reading Program and they need to read 20 books as often as they can. I am hoping they can read 20 each week or every 2 weeks, depending on the length of the book (for Kyleigh). I love that the library has a DVD section and they are free to check out. Beats paying for rentals.

Then we headed to Round Mountain to visit my sister-in-law's family. Kyleigh, Adisyn and Cohen had a blast swimming and playing the whole time. On Wednesday, the kids decided to be hair dressers and put every bow and hair tie they could find in their hair. It was kinda cute. It reminded me of the swim hats that have flowers all over. They even did Cohen's hair with some nice colorful braids. Yesterday, I went out with them for a few hours and then Elizabeth and I worked out for about an hour and we were so hot, we decided to swim. Then I realized I was burnt from earlier. I am feeling it today, for sure. After we swam, we watched Shutter Island and let me tell you it throws you off. I then had to sleep with Cohen and I had a crazy dream with a man taking me from my bed and I could not scream and there was a tree and water in our bathroom and Shaun thought I was crazy and as the man was pulling me out of my bed and I could not scream, I woke up. I went to the bathroom and then I had a hard time sleeping after that. I knew not to watch a scary movie without Shaun.

Then the kids woke up this morning and began swimming at 9:00, I remember when my sister and I were little, we wanted to get up and swim even if it was 7 am. So I had to let them. It is hard when you are 8 to be patient and wait, besides, all they would have done is bothered me until I said yes. So now I am updating the blog and facebook, trying to keep up with this stuff since I have no excuse all summer long. I am going to work out after this, make lunch for the kids and then possibly go see Marmaduke with the kids. Then we are headed home since Shaun says it is too quiet at home and he misses us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FUN FUN FUN ... looks like you're having a blast !!! While ya'll are swimming.... we are still wearing lite jackets !! Might even snow over next few days! Hi to the kids ! dad n jac

Anonymous said...

Well take pics if the snow comes. Can you add your blog to ours as a follower so I can get to it easier? Thanks.

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
New Braunfels, Texas, United States
Shaun and I have been married for 11 years. We have two wonderful children, Kyleigh who is 8 and Cohen who is 5. We have a very crazy life it seems, but wouldn't trade it for the world.
"Never have any regrets because at that moment, it was exactly what you wanted." -anonymous
"I would rather you hate me for who I am than love me for who I am not." -anonymous